Saturday, November 12, 2011

vino love: beringer red moscato

this is a first of posts that i will dedicate to wines i LOVE! i shall call these blog posts "vino love". i'm a fan of sweet wines, so you won't find any dry wines on here... unless i'm commenting on my distaste for them.

so, anyways, my sister-in-law told me about this amazing wine. i am a HUGE fan of moscato, and this is a new RED moscato! i had mentioned it to a lady at a liquor store that i will not mention (at least not publicly on the blog), and she looked at me as if i was an idiot and told me moscato grapes were white so red moscato does not and could not exist.

well, lady, you were wrong, and the proof is chilling in my fridge.

meet beringer's red moscato:


slightly sweet. slightly bubbly. and RED!

regular (i.e., white) moscato is VERY sweet, but i think the red version goes a little further in drinkability. not overly sweet, but still makes a good dessert wine.

and, keeping in tune with all beringer products, it isn't overpriced! you can expect to shell out about $7-8 for a bottle.

enjoy! and viva la vino!!

fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment