that reminds me... i really need to book that trip to Italy i've been dreaming of for YEARS.
this is a GREAT recipe. make some kind of italian marinated or garlic crusted meat dish to go with it, and dinner is set! it's another pasta dish with feta too... you may have guessed by now that i LOVE that combo. if you do too, read on...
8 ounces penne lisce/mostaccioli OR penne rigate pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups chopped tomatoes
10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4-6 ounces of parmesan or mozzarella, or a combo of both
8 ounces tomato basil feta cheese
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
i didn't have tomato basil feta, so i made my own, like this...
cut up your own sun-dried tomatoes or buy some that are pre-cut. get out basil. add sun-dried tomatoes and basil with regular feta. mix it together and bam - you've got tomato basil feta.
onto the directions...
1. cook pasta according to package directions. drain and set aside.
2. heat oil in a large pot.
3. add tomatoes, spinach, and garlic.
4. cook and stir 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and is thoroughly heated.
5. add pasta, italian cheese of your choice, and feta mixture. cook 1 minute.
6. season to taste with salt and pepper.
i LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! any recipe that combines a pasta and veggies in one pot makes me a happy girl. did she say in one pot?! YES! I DID! all the more reason to love it.
and, as i always say... feta makes it betta!